HMRC Seminar Series - 2005 to 2006
We would like to thank the following speakers for their participation in our Seminar Series:
- Dr. T. Derek V. Cooke, MA, MB, BChir, FRCS(C), Orthopaedic
"Software solutions for Limb Deformity Analysis"
- Dr. Maarten Beek, PostDoctoral Fellow, Mechanical
"Percutaneous scaphoid pinning using
- Ms. Amber Simpson, PhD. Candidate, School of Computing Science,
"Computer-assisted distraction osteogenesis by Ilizarov's method"
- Dr. Kevin Deluzio, Visiting Professor, Dalhousie University
"Gait Analysis as a Tool for Investigating the Pathomechanics of Knee
Osteoarthritis and the Design and Evaluation of Treatments"
- Mr. Michael White, Librarian for Research Services, Engineering and Science
Library, Queen's University
"Searching Patent Literature: New Tools and Techniques"
- Erin Smith, MSc. Student, Mechanical and Materials Engineering
"A Virtual-Joint Model for Computer-Assisted Preoperative Planning of Osteotomy"
- Dr. Brad Slagel, Orthopaedic Resident, Queen's University/KGH
- Dr. Andrew Quinn, Orthopaedic Resident, Queen's University/KGH
conventional LISS plate placement on an intact femoral model"
- Dr. Heidi-Lynn Ploeg, Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical
Engineering, University of Wisconsin-Madison
"Research Activities at Bone
and Joint Biomechanics Lab, University of Wisconsin - Madison"
- Dr. Jason Gambrel, Orthopaedic Resident, Queen's
University/Kingston General Hospital
comparison of complications for cemented versus uncemented hip arthroplasty for
pathologic hip fractures"
Dr. Max Lincoln, Orthopaedic Resident, Queen's University/Kingston General
- Dr. Aravind Athiviraham, Orthopaedic Resident, Queen's University/Kingston
"Radiation Exposure to the Patient and Orthopaedic Surgeon during Scoliosis
Surgery, Using Standard Fluoroscopy, Fluoroscopic Image Guidance, and Computed
Tomography Image Guidance"
- Joel Lanovaz, PhD.
Candidate, Mechanical and Materials Engineering
"A 3D Dynamic TKR Model: Development and Application"
- Dr. Tom Radcliffe, PhD., iGO Technologies and Queen's University
"Fast2D/3D Registration Without Hardware Acceleration or Pre-Computation"
- Dr. Burton Ma, Postdoctoral Fellow, School of Computing
"Unified Point Selection and Surface-Based Registration"
- Elvis Chen, PhD. student, School of Computing Science
"Ligament Strains Predict Knee Motion After Total Joint Replacement"