HMRC Seminar Series - 2003 to 2004
We would like to thank the following speakers for their participation in our Seminar Series:
Dr. T. Derek V. Cooke, Orthopaedic Consultant, Habib Medical Centre.
- "Osteoarthritis (OA) of the Knee and Osteoporosis: Is there a connection?"
Joel Lanovaz, Ph.D. Candidate, Mechanical Engineering, Queen's University.
- "Development of a Dynamic, Three Dimensional Computational Model of the Knee Joint
Steve MacNeil, Ph.D. Candidate, Physical Health and Education Department, Queen's University.
- "Mechanics and Clinical Significance of OA Knee Bracing
Andrea Hemmerich, M.Sc. Candidate, Mechanical Engineering, Queen's University.
Kinematic and Kinetic Analysis of Activities of Daily Living in India"
Shawn Leclaire, Systems Specialist, Human Mobility Research Centre.
- "Computing in the OR: An Overview of the Role Computers Play in Image-Guided Surgery"
Dr. Genevieve Dumas, Professor, Mechanical Engineering, Queen's University.
- "Pregnancy and Work: Problematic Tasks Identified by Pregnant Women"
Dr. Randy Flanagan, Professor, Department of Psychology, Queen's University.
- "Prediction and Control in Skilled Action"
Dr. Lindsay Davidson, Orthopaedic Surgeon, Department of Surgery, Kingston General Hospital.
- "Don't Slip Up! SCFE- A Preventable Cause of Osteoarthritis?"
Dr. Stephen Waldman, Professor, Mechanical/Chemical Engineering, Queen's University.
- "Application of Mechanical Forces during the First Week of In Vitro Cartilaginous Tissue Formation Increases Collagen
Patrick Smith, Msc. Candidate, Department of Biochemistry, Queen's University.
- "Examination of the metabolic and genetic Effects of N-acylated Glucosamines on Articular Chondrocytes"
Alain Beaulieu, Ph.D. Candidate, School of Computing and Information Science, Queen's University.
- "Verifying and validating (V&V) software safety for Computer Integrated Surgery"
Dr. Maarten Beek, Post Doctoral Fellow, Mechanical Engineering, Queen's University.
- "Kinematics of the Wrist Joints"
Dr. Randy Ellis, Professor, School of Information and Computing Science, Queen's University.
- "OR2010: Medical Imaging for Computer-Assisted Orthopaedic Surgery"
Alison McConnell, MSc.(Engineering), Queen's University, Research Engineer, Martin Orthopaedic Biomechanics Laboratory, St. Michael's
- "Experiences in Setting up a Biomechanics Laboratory in a Level One Trauma Centre"
Dr. Linda MacLean, Assistant Professor, School of Rehabilitation Therapy, Queen's University.
of muscle morphology and firing characteristics using electromyography:
Potential uses in understanding repetitive strain injury."
Dr. Davide Bardana, Orthopaedic Surgeon, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Kingston
- "Advances in ACL Surgery: Computer Assisted and Instrumented Tensioning."
Dr. T. Derek V. Cooke, Orthopaedic Consultant, Habib Medical Centre
- "Healthy Knee Mechanics and Alignment."
Dr. Aaron Campbell, Orthopaedic Chief Resident, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Kingston General Hospital/Queen's University
For further information please contact:
- "Greater Trochanteric Tip Fractures: MRI and Clinical Evaluation"
Anny Patterson, Seminar Series Co-ordinator
Human Mobility Research Centre
Syl and Molly Apps Research Centre
Kingston General Hospital
Kingston, Ontario K7L 2V7
Telephone (613) 548-2430
Fax (613) 549-2529