HMRC Seminar Series - 2000 to 2001
We would like to thank the following speakers for their
participation in our Seminar Series:
- Dr. Timothy Smith, Vice President, Millenium Biologix Inc.
"Tissue Engineering in Orthopedics - New Concepts and Products"
- Dr. David Wilson, Mechanical Engineering
"Effects of Pate
- Dr. David Pichora, Orthopaedic Surgeon, Kingston General Hospital
Assisted Distal Radial Osteotomy"
- Mr. Leonard Lee, President, Lee Valley Tools
"Simple Solutions to Basic Problems"
- Dr. Kim Woodhouse, Department of Chemical Engineering and Applied
Chemistry, University of Toronto
"Scaffold Materials for Tissue Engineering Constructs in Soft Tissue Applications"
- Dr. Brian Amsden, Chemical Engineering
"The development of a biodegradable rubbery
biomaterial for cytokine drug delivery and tissue engineering"
- Dr. Urs Wyss, Mechanical Engineering
"Research at Sulzer Orthopedics"
- Dr. Miguel Valvano, University of Western Ontario
"Genetics of lipopolysaccharide assembly in Escherich
- Ms Wiebke Wilkens, Director, Queen's Environmental Health & Safety
"Duties and Responsibilities of the Occupational Health & Safety Act"
- Dr. Arde Guran, School of Human Kinetics,
University of Ottawa,
"Using Tools in Nonlinear Dynamics in Quantifying Human Movement and Locomotion"
- Dr. Inka Brockhausen, Department of Medicine, Division of Rheumatology
"Development of sweet ways to treat arthritis"
- Dr. Pai Lei Cheng, Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Mechanical Engineering
"Biomechanics of Human Movement Analysis"
- Dr. Ilene Gipson, Senior Scientist, Schepens Eye Research Institute, Professor, Department of Ophthalmology, Harvard Medical
" Mucin gene Expression by the Ocular Surface Epithelium in Response to Dry Eye Syndrome, Allergens
- Dr. Jaro Sodek, Professor, University of Toronto & Director of the CIHR Group in Periodontal Physiology
"Bone Sialoproteins in Bone Remodelling, Inflammatory Diseases and Cancer"
- Dr. Christine MacKenzie,
Simon Fraser University, School of Kinesiology, Human Motor Systems Laboratory
"Human Factors in Laparoscopic
- Dr. Randy Ellis, Computing and Information Science
"Overview - Computer assisted surgery"
- Thomas Shu Yin Tang, Graduate Student, Computing and Information Science
"Fiducial registration from a single x-ray image: a new technique for fluoroscopic guidance and radiotherapy"
- Elvis Chen, Graduate Student Computing and Information Science,
"3D patient-specific model of passive
- Dr. John Carran, Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Medicine, Divison of Rheumology
"Bisphosphonic Acids: Prodrugs and Anti-Resorptive Agents"
- J. D. Johnston,
Graduate Student, Mechanical Engineering
"Mechanical Properties of the Scapholunate Ligament: Correlation with
bone mineral density of the radius"
- Alison McConnell, Graduate Student, Mechanical Engineering
"A new screening test for UHMWPE for use in TKA"
- Dr. Mark Harrison, Orthopaedic Surgeon, Kingston General Hospit
"Osteoloysis of Human Bone in NOD-SCID Mouse Model"